Energy audits and assessments are essential to reducing energy use in buildings. Although energy audits and assessments both provide an overview of existing conditions and describe energy-saving opportunities, they can differ markedly in scope, ranging from preliminary (or walk-through) to comprehensive (or investment-grade) engagements. The scope may address your HVAC system only, or include lighting, refrigeration, and other energy-consuming equipment. If you operatean industrial facility, we can also examine process heating, process cooling, and compressed air systems. Given the diversity of building types and degree of complexity, we will tailor the engagement to satisfy your needs, objectives, and budget.
An energy audit or assessment is often the first step in a process designed to understand a building’s equipment and operations, and inform you about options for additional improvements. For example, the energy audit or assessment might provide insight about how best to investigate specific energy-consuming systems in greater depth. Our engineers can identify a range of options for further analysis, allowing you to select those that align with your goals. Of course, an energy audit can also be designated investment-grade from the outset. We strive to align our efforts with our client’s expectations to help ensure a successful result.
What can you expect from an energy audit or assessment from Sieben Energy Associates?
- Assessment of baseline energy performance
- A customized scope of work that aligns with the client's goals and requirements
- Request for utility bills or similar documentation to determine the unit cost of energy
- Discussion of previously implemented energy-saving measures and their impact
- Respectful interaction with site engineers and interest in their thoughts and ideas
- HVAC system data collection from building automation system (BAS) or data loggers
- Data analysis concerning HVAC and any other systems included in scope
Why should you choose Sieben Energy Associates to perform an energy audit or assessment?
- Deep experience with buildings of all types and sizes
- Proprietary tools and methods for accurately projecting energy savings
- Collaboration with site engineers and property managers
- Data-driven insight rather than intuition or rules-of-thumb
- Presentation of initial ideas before a presentation of final recommendations
- Financial metrics based upon client’s actual unit cost of energy
- Expertise in commercial and industrial building energy-consuming systems
- History of award-winning projects
How can you get started on an energy audit or assessment from Sieben Energy Associates?
- Contact us to learn more about energy audits or assessments and discuss your energy-related needs and goals
- Review our proposal to confirm alignment with your needs, objectives, and budget
- Identify the site team that will be assisting us with the project
- Schedule a conference call before our initial site visit so that we can prepare for it