Premier Riverfront Class A Office Tower
Partnering with Schneider Electric on data-driven energy project
- Management of a 23-story, 1980s-vintage office tower wanted a broad view of their energy performance and new technology to mine deeper energy savings.
- Although retro-commissioning was completed five years earlier, management didn’t know if the energy-saving measures they had implemented were still performing as intended.
- Schneider Electric, the HVAC controls contractor, proposed installing its proprietary analytics software platform and sought an engineering partner to verify current performance and identify new energy-saving opportunities.
- Schneider Electric asked us to partner with them on a monitoring-based commissioning project to help the building achieve its energy efficiency goal. Schneider Electric provided the software; we provided our energy engineers’ time and expertise.
- Our team established online access to Schneider Electric’s platform and analyzed HVAC system performance data to uncover energy-saving opportunities requiring only operational changes.
- We demonstrated that previously implemented measures were performing as intended.
- The collaboration has already yielded more than 860,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) in annual electricity savings from newly implemented measures, easily surpassing the original target of 750,000 kWh with many months remaining in this ongoing project.
- Additional measures currently being implemented are projected to increase total annual savings to more than 1.3 kWh, resulting in total energy cost savings in excess of several times our fee.
Service AreaMonitoring-Based Commissioning
Commercial Real Estate